[mythtv-users] Change the name of my encoder in mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 10 18:13:44 UTC 2007

On 07/10/2007 02:07 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
> I will give your ideas a second shot tonight. I did not try the delete all
> cards on [hostname] option...i just deleted them one by one then re-added
> them.

You need "Delete all capture cards" /not/ "Delete all capture cards on
<hostname>" and /not/ "Delete" of each capture card.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .

But, that will just give you the "default" names of "Encoder 1", etc.
For "human-readable" names, use mythtv-setup to enter a name, as Chris
suggested.

Mike