[mythtv-users] Change the name of my encoder in mythweb

Jarom McDonald jarom_mcdonald at byu.edu
Tue Jul 10 17:36:21 UTC 2007

Are you sure they were actually deleted from your database, and not just
the host? That is, in mythtv-setup you have the option to "delete all
cards on [hostname]" and the option to "delete all cards" -- the second
is what you want to choose to completely empty the database of any
reference to any cards at all.

As Chris pointed out, though, you can just give them names with more
semantic value, anyway.

If push comes to shove you could just go into the mythconverg database
and empty out (or modify) the "capturecard" and "cardinput" tables,
although I take no responsibility for what happens to the database as a
result of that idea (i.e. back up your database before playing around).

Jarom McDonald