[mythtv-users] Surely 2x P3 1Ghz is ENOUGH!!!

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:47:01 UTC 2007

Gareth,

Yes I see that. It's an Asus CUV4XDLS motherboard which uses the infamous
VIA 686 chipset.
So that means it's ordinary SDRAM with as you say only one path to the
RAM....

Interesting. I was actually hoping to downgrade to a single processor board
(an Intel D815EEA) because
the ASUS implementation of ACPI isn't really any good,  I'm convinced I
shouldn't need dual processors for SD,
and I want to cut the electricity bill!

What's your guess, would downgrading actually help matters seeing as
there'll be no contention on the RAM on a single processor system? (the new
board is just lying around at the moment...)

Cheers

Steve