[mythtv-users] UK digital text question

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 10:12:21 UTC 2007

On 10/07/2007 10:57, norman wrote:

>> How can you access UK Digital text, e.g. on ITV what is the keyboard
>> equivalent key for the "text" button normally found on remote ?

I think ITV have stopped having an MHEG service on their channels, there
is the separate Teletext service found on channel 100

>> I've managed to set up access to the BBC interactive service (i.e. the
>> "press the red button") and can access using the F2 key
>> thereafter the F2 to F5 act as the colour keys and works fine.
>>
>> But cannot see/find how to access the ITV digital text.
>
> I am afraid that I cannot help you with your question but I am most
> interested to note your successes so far. Would you be kind enough to
> indicate whether this is very complicated to achieve or could some old
> boy like me be able to do it?

it's not difficult, just make sure "enable interactive TV" is ticked
under the setup/setup/TV settings/playback section, about the 6th page
or so.

F2/3/4/5 are RGYB buttons and F6/F7 are text/exit