[mythtv-users] EPIA MII-1000 advice needed on surround sound.

Sarah Katherine Hayes aleph.wintermute at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 10 04:19:29 UTC 2007

>> sorry... but I have a questions rather than an answer.
>>
>> What Linux distro are you running on your board? I seem to recall installing
>> some version and the kernal not booting after the install....
>>
>> You say in the subject... MII-1000... you sure you don't mean the MII-10000?
>>

>I'm running MythDora 4.0 on my MII-10000. I'm only running stereo into
>my stereo though, since Time Warner doesn't transmit regular cable in
>surround - I use a cheapo DVD player to play my DVDs in surround.
>I know that doesn't help much, but I can offer some advice.

It's currently running a heavily butchered version of Ubuntu 7.04, just enough for a GUI and the frontend to fire up. Not the worlds fastest beast but it plays back everything.  And yes it's the MII-10000, or whatever they called the 1Ghz version :)  I think the few distro's that wouldn't boot are long dead; seem to recall it being an early version of Fedora.

I can see the cheapo DVD player being the way forward, I'll keep poking around though as I'm sure I've read about it doing none SP/DIF surround feeds.

Sarah