[mythtv-users] Will this setup record HD from over the air?

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon Jul 9 20:04:27 UTC 2007

On 07/07/07 18:06 Owen Mehegan said the following:

>Having recently canceled my overpriced cable TV service, I decided to
>upgrade my Myth system's jurassic TV Wonder VE tuner card to
>something a little nicer. There's a lot of HD content available over
>the air where I live, so I was thinking I'd just start recording that.
>
>My plan is to get a pcHDTV card and some kind of antenna
>(suggestions?),

(snip)

I have this antenna and love it!

http://www.winegard.com/offair/squareshooter.htm

I'm using it with a pcHDTV3000 card and I'm about 40 - 45 miles from the
transmitters.  The existing wiring in the home has the antenna cable
split into roughly 11 different runs, way more than it should.  Yet the
antenna works just fine and I have very few drop outs.  Even with all
the splits, I see signal in the high 80s and low 90s.

Drew

--

Be a Great Magician!
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse