[mythtv-users] EIT Scanner?

Steve Harrington steve at the-harringtons.org
Sun Jul 8 18:17:27 UTC 2007

Hello all!

I'm using MythTV exclusively for ATSC OTA recording.  Today I'm trying
to convert the backend to use EIT instead of DataDirect.  I've been
successful, except for the fact that I have to tune each channel to get
the guide info to show in MythWeb.  I have two questions about EIT now:

1) Is there a "crawler" or "scanner" that will run automatically to
populate the guide?  I've googled for one and seen some hints at one,
but the wiki page on EIT has no info on it.

2) When the wiki mentions running mythfilldatabase --no-delete to keep
the database from building.  When I check run mythfilldatabase on my
frontend, is that sufficient?

Thanks!