[mythtv-users] IVTV recordings glitch every 302 seconds

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Jul 8 01:37:41 UTC 2007

> Any way you can move your database to your system drive? That helped
> me tremendously when I was getting recording glitches.

My system drive is one of the raid arrays.

My setup is 2x250G and 2x200G drives. 50G is taken off each of the 250G
drives and combined as a raid1 mirror array for the boot/system stuff and
things like email so as to have maximum redundancy - a couple of gigs of
swap is also taken from these drives. The remaining 4 200G partitions are
combined as a raid5 array (i.e. 600G usable) which is chopped up using
LVM2 into several virtual partitions so that I can optimise storage of TV
recordings using JFS and music and pictures as ext3 for example.

I'm thinking that I'll put an extra drive in for recording and if I want
to keep a recording transcode it across onto the raid array. I can put it
onto a PCI card I already have installed so I'm still using only 1 disk
per controller channel. Seems like a reasonable investment of a couple
hundred NZ$. It will also make my system ready for the multirec
capabilities :-)

--
Robin Gilks