[mythtv-users] Will this setup record HD from over the air?

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Sun Jul 8 01:06:09 UTC 2007

Having recently canceled my overpriced cable TV service, I decided to
upgrade my Myth system's jurassic TV Wonder VE tuner card to
something a little nicer. There's a lot of HD content available over
the air where I live, so I was thinking I'd just start recording that.

My plan is to get a pcHDTV card and some kind of antenna
(suggestions?), and put it in my current Myth system. I have a
Celeron 2.13 ghz processor, 1G of RAM, and I'm using two ATA-100
drives in a software RAID 1. This was always fine for recording
standard definition content off of cable, but will it be fast enough
for HD?

--
owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.'