[mythtv-users] Can't get xbmcmythtv to connect to sql database?

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:51:01 UTC 2007

Can anyone give me a pointer on this? I have an October 2006 verison of
XBMC, I have Mythtv .20 SVN from Ubuntu Fiesty Repo's, and I donwloaded the
most recent xbmcmythtv from Sourceforge.net.. I made sure that the bind to
address: 127.0.0.1 within /etc/mysql/my.cnf is commented out and there is no
skip-networking within the file, I added the ip of the xbox as an acceptable
remote box to connect to the mysql database thru the sql command line, and I
have done the following:
mysql -u root mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.0.2" identified by
"mythtv";
mysql> flush privileges;

I keep getting an error stating "connection to sql database failed, conn".
Can anyone help me please? I do however notice that the password within the
xbmcmythtv settings dialog box is mythtv, but my mysql password is different
so I updated that. Was the correct to do that? I made sure that the
mythtv-setup has the ip of the mythtv backend set to be static whereas it
was originally 127.0.0.1. I do  notice however that the mysql.txt has
DBHostname localhost. Should that also be the ip of the mysql database
server or should I leave that
?
Daniel