[mythtv-users] vanishing sound

norman norman at littletank.org
Fri Jul 6 07:57:48 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 01:26 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 05/07/07, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> > What could cause sound to disappear on a DVD? I burnt a DVD from a
> > television broadcast and, when playing the DVD, the sound disappeared
> > about half way through. The sound was there on the recorded video but
> > not on the DVD. What should I look for?
> Multiple audio tracks on the DVD? Did the sound disappear from a
> position in the show where a commercial was cut from the original
> recording before burning to DVD?

No, it appears about 100seconds before a position from which a
commercial was deleted. I believe the original broadcast has 2 tracks,
one being for blind people, which I understand is quite normal. I have
never had this problem before and would like to be able to understand
the cause and what to do to avoid it happening again.