[mythtv-users] Australia: Free for all electronic program guides

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:24:28 UTC 2007

On 7/6/07, Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net> wrote:
> THE longstanding walls protecting free-to-air TV continue to crumble,
> with the announcement that the commercial networks will make their
> jealously guarded electronic program guides available to all
> manufacturers.

I am not so sure.  From the small amount I read about the deal, it may
not be of much use to mythTV or OzTivo users.  It seemed to indicate
that the data will only be available to producers of hardware that met
specific requirements.  I wonder if the Windows MCE crowd will have
the official data now though???