[mythtv-users] Pause in image after switch channels...

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Thu Jul 5 22:24:54 UTC 2007

Hi!

Noob here...

I was wondering if it's normal, after switching channels, to have a slight pause in
the image when watching live TV...

The pause is not immaediate, it can take something like 5-10 after I have switched
channels for it to happen. I used to have it occasionally too while watching TV for a
while but since I`ve upgraded the pc it doesn`t seem to have happened... If I look at
the same passage again (ie I rewind) the pause is not present...

The tuner is a PVR-150 MCE and the pc itself if a P5B-Plus with a E6600 and the hard
disk is a Seagate 7200.10 320 Mb SATA drive...

I`ve been reading about some possible performance issues with the ext3 file system
(what the disk is currently formatted with) but the issues mentionned problems while
deleting file which I'm unsure is being done when I switch channels...

Is there something I'm doing wrong...

Please help...

Nick