[mythtv-users] Dvb-s with CAM and MythTV

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:48:10 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, Jerome Claracq <jerome.claracq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
> I saw your post on MythTV-Users. I am building a MythTV system based on
> MythDora 4.0. I would like to capture my encrypted satellite subscription
> with a NOVA-CI dvb-s card. The TV service is Canalsat here in France. Right
> now it seems that the card and the cam are properly initialized. However I
> cannot scan the full ASTRA 19.2E. Everytime I try, I get an error message
> that I have bad parameters. I try Mythtv 0.20 and 0.21 with same error. I
> also have a PVR-350 in the system.
> My questions are:
> Which installation of MythTV is the most appropriate for encrypted dvb-s?
> Should I try with ubuntu? KnoppMyth hangs (I have a recent AMD690G
> motherboard).

I am running Gentoo with latest mythtv-vid trunk, choice of distro
shouldn't make much difference.

Are you able to scan using dvbscan? I would test with that first, also
have you remembered to add your LNB to myth? I forgot when i first set
it up and nothing worked until i added it.

> Would you have any recommendations on how to proceed to scan the satellite
> and add the encrypted channels in MythTV? I try to follow documentation but
> no go.
> Do you think that the PVR card can create a conflict (my dvb-s card is on
> second PCI slot) even if it is not visible in initialization?

it shouldnt.

> Have you experienced TV-out with PVR-350?

Ive used a pvr-350, i was disappointed by the quality and decided that
output onto a SD display using a 350 or graphics card output was not
for me.

Andy