[mythtv-users] the dreaded "unknown module was specified" error

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Wed Jul 4 19:43:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:32:41PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jul 4, 2007, at 12:04 PM, jason at monsterjam.org wrote:
>
> > hey, im running mythtv 0.20
> > and everything pretty much works recoring/viewing/mythweb
> > The only thing that doesnt work is when I go to mythweb and view my
> > recorded programs,
> > I hover over a show icon and I see a link like
> > http://mythtv/pl/stream/1073/1183521600
> > when I click it, it appears from what Ive read that the show is
> > supposed to "stream" to my
> > local browser. Instead of the show downloading or streaming, I get
> > a page that says
> > "An unknown module was specified"
> > I see no errors in the apache log. Ive see lots of other people
> > having this problem, but noone
> > seems to have the answer. It seems to lie in the
> > /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess file
> > and the
> > #do streaming stuff:
> > RewriteRule     ^(pl(/.*)?)$            mythweb.pl/$1
> > [QSA,L]
> >
> > But I really dont know whats supposed to happen. Can someone please
> > help resolve this?
> >
> > regards,
> > Jason
>
> MythWeb for version .20 does not have streaming built in. It looks
> like you are running .20 and then modified your .htaccess file for
> the current svn version. You either need to run everything at svn
> (streaming built in) or everything at .20 (which means no pre-
> configured built-in streaming).

hmmm ok, so I probably upgraded from the previous version of mythweb/tv and
this .htaccess file was left over?
actually, Im running 0.20.1 from gentoo's portage, so I dont know if thats svn (whatever that
is. cvs?) or not. Can you please clarify?
so for .20.1, what should the .htaccess file look like?

regards,
Jason