[mythtv-users] the dreaded "unknown module was specified" error

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Wed Jul 4 19:04:30 UTC 2007

hey, im running mythtv 0.20
and everything pretty much works recoring/viewing/mythweb
The only thing that doesnt work is when I go to mythweb and view my recorded programs,
I hover over a show icon and I see a link like
http://mythtv/pl/stream/1073/1183521600
when I click it, it appears from what Ive read that the show is supposed to "stream" to my
local browser. Instead of the show downloading or streaming, I get a page that says
"An unknown module was specified"
I see no errors in the apache log. Ive see lots of other people having this problem, but noone
seems to have the answer. It seems to lie in the
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess file
and the
#do streaming stuff:
RewriteRule     ^(pl(/.*)?)$            mythweb.pl/$1           [QSA,L]

But I really dont know whats supposed to happen. Can someone please help resolve this?

regards,
Jason