[mythtv-users] Any way to pay?

Tim Schall tschall-mythtv at fortgirlfriend.com
Wed Jul 4 17:43:56 UTC 2007

Hi Carl:

Sorry about the terminology issue there.  Yes, OTA is Over The air.

Perhaps I should clarify, each digital television station transmits this
PSIP guide data for that station and that station only.  In other words I
carry the guide data for the three channels in my mux but not the station
down the street.  The technology does allow for me to carry guide data for
many stations but that's not employed anywhere to the best of my knowledge.

The data at KCTS is sourced from our traffic computer.  (A shiny brand new
ProTrack system.)  Every 30 minutes the PSIP generation computer does an ftp
transfter over the corporate LAN to our traffic server and reads what is,
essentially, a text file of program information and then massages it around
for its own purpose.  Each file that is downloaded from the traffic server
contains one days worth of information for each of the program streams I
service.  The check occurs every 30 minutes in an effort to get last minute
program changes.

The traffic system supports several types of scheduled exports.  It outputs
to our Harris automation system.  It outputs to our web server in a (Ya'll
ready for this?) XML format.  It outputs a tab delimited text file for the
PSIP system.  It can spew in several different version of XML.  Etc....  I'd
think it would be a fairly trivial matter (Warning here, as stated earlier,
I am not a computer programmer.) to have a server massage my tab delimited
text file into an XMLTV format and hand it to Myth for import or to a
central server for import via myth.

One station down, how many are left?

Tim