[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jul 4 10:01:27 UTC 2007

Tom Greer wrote:

> As long as we are brainstorming...
>
> My digital cable service provides a bazillion (or so) radio stations,
> but MythTV won't tune them because there is no video in the stream.
> It would be nice to be able to tune these.

In the UK, we have radio stations available on both Freeview (DVB-T) and
cable. Perhaps not bazillions, but a fair choice anyhow. We can
record/play these as TV streams, but storing 2Gb/hr of essentially blank
video is irritating, to say the least.

To flag these channels as "audio only" (or whatever) in the database and
then just process that part of the stream on recording and playback
would be a help.

Mike Perkins