[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 08:51:36 UTC 2007

On 04/07/07, Timo Boettcher <spida at spida.net> wrote:

> * Matthew McClement <mythtv at macker.co.uk> wrote:
> > Sounds like mpd(http://www.musicpd.org) would get you 90% of the way
> > there. It's a music daemon that then has multiple frontends that can
> > control it.
>
> Yes, pretty nice thing.
> I am running it with the pitchfork frontend, an ajaxy webfrontend from
> http://pitchfork.remiss.org/
>
> and I am writing my own frontend for touchscreen use
> http://www.spida.net/projects/pympdtouchgui/
> http://www.spida.net/projects/pympdtouchgui/screenshots.php
> Support for lirc is planned, so it should be usable on a TV, too.
>
> Timo

Pitching in another Slimserver comment....

It already has support for various Internet radio sources built in...
including on the  fly conversion to mp3 if required.

I'd certainly like streamed sources like radio built in. But this is also
something that'd be nice in Myth generally. The ability to
schedule recordings of streamed internet sources (audio or video).

Cheers

Steve