[mythtv-users] Problem with TV Out on M2NPV-VM

David Kickham dkickham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:12:14 UTC 2007

Hopefully someone can give me a hand.  I've been struggling with this for a
week now, and have tried everything I can think of (and many different
guides online).

My system is:
-Asus M2NPV-VM (GeForce 6150 onboard graphics with built in TV Out)
-AMD A64 X2 3600+
-1Gb DDR
-PVR-150
-CRT with a composite input.

I set up Ubuntu following this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Feisty_Backend_Frontend

When using the default video drivers that come with the install, the TV Out
works, kinda.  The picture has a keystone and has a lot of underscan.  It is
a bit distorted too.  I haven't found a way to adjust any of these with the
default drivers.

I've tried all of the proprietary Nvidia drivers in the Ubuntu repositories
(nvidia-glx-legacy, nvidia-glx, and nvidia-glx-new).  X won't even start
with the legacy drivers, so that is out.  With the two other drivers, X
somehow overrides the BIOS configuration that has TV Out enabled and RGB
disabled.  X displays only on the RGB connection and I cannot reconnect to
any of the other terminals  (CTRL+ALT+F1, etc...) that were displaying on
the TV Out before X started.

Does anyone have a setup that works using the M2NPV-VM?  I'm willing to
switch distros if need be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David