[mythtv-users] Any way to pay?

Tim Schall tschall-mythtv at fortgirlfriend.com
Tue Jul 3 15:22:12 UTC 2007

I have this unfortunate habit of sticking it out and stepping right in it but I'm gonna ask these probably already been asked questions anyways?

Is there any commercial provider of listings that MythTV is currently compatable with?  Or one that would take a really minimal amount of mucking around with the code to make happen?  While I understand and fully support the work to make an open source version of listing data (I'll rant about the problem when I'm not on my way out the door to work at a local TV station myself.) I'd be happy to pay for it if it would get me out of having to explain to my two daughters where their Disney Channel shows went.

Also, does MythTV as it stands now, support the import of the PSIP data (EPG stuff) that OTA broadcasters transmit?  Will it override whatever gets downloaded from whatever listing service?  What's the current favorite card to use for OTA digital reception with Myth?

Tim Schall