[mythtv-users] mythbackend pid

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:12:16 UTC 2007

So, maybe I have a misconcenception about how the PID is supposed to
relate to the application that created it.

Running mythbackend with the following "mythbackend --pidfile
/var/run/mythtv/" creates a PID file however when I stop mythbackend
at the CL the PID file is not deleted, are you saying that monit will
be able to tell that mythbackend has stopped and it will try to
re-launch it?

I was not able to get monit to work when I tried it before, could it
be because I'm running svn?

Are you running SVN as well? would you mind posting your portion
related to mythbackend in its entirety?

AJM,