[mythtv-users] Sorry, but I don't want to pay much

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Jul 1 19:24:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 02:21:18PM -0400, John Drescher wrote:

> >... just as TiVo does.  I don't know whether the open source nature of
> >Myth would make Nielsen nervous about the accuracy of the data, but
> >there's merit in this idea.  It *would* require patches to the mainline
> >code, treading as it does in the patch of how the built-in player works.
> >

> I believe the ability to flag and skip over commercials will make Nielsen
> very nervous.

	OTOH, they could also collect very detailed commercial viewing data.
For a long time with the Tivo I had wanted an ability to thumbs down some
of the particularly annoying (or just plain innapropriate) commercials.

	Madison avenue seems to think they have a right to our time or something
and it simply isn't so. They need this fact beaten into them so they change their
practices.