[mythtv-users] Did svn break channel changing for you ?

Dave dave at 0bits.com
Sun Jul 1 19:19:46 UTC 2007

Hi all,

somewhere in between my 'svn updates' it appears that the recent svn
codebase doesn't let me select a channel by typing a channel number in.
This happens either with the remote control number pad *or* the web
remote interface *or* via the telnet interface, so i can say the
following for sure:

1. It is not my LIRC configuration. The same behavior is exhibited if i
type a channel number from the remote, web, or via the telnet interface

2. It is not a bad compile, i did a 'make clean' and reinstalled mythtv,
mythplugins, myththemse, from scratch.

3. I recreated my mysql database (but imported old data)

4. I've tried all possibilities i can think off to get it back to the
original behavior.

So what *was* happening is if i need to change to channel "630" i would
type in 6 3 0 on my remote and it would switch to channel 630. If i do
the same thing *now* with any of the interfaces mentioned above, they
all end up switching to channel 6, then channel 3 and then channel 0 -
the latter doesn't exist so i always end up on channel 3. I cannot
select a non-single-digit channel anymore.

Can anyone suggest anything i could be doing wrong please ? Or can
someone confirm this is a bug in SVN otherwise ?

Thanks