[mythtv-users] Downscaling HD Content on 480i

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Sun Jul 1 18:04:42 UTC 2007

On Sunday 01 July 2007, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> I've built a new frontend box with HD tuners and an HD screen and joined it
> in a slave/master setup to my older standard-def box.
>
> My problem is that the older standard-def box, using a PVR-350 for display,
> won't downscale and display high-def content. I get sound and a blue box
> that is about the correct width for the high-def content but no picture.
>
> I've done my homework: searched the wiki, the docs and the lists here. Does
> anyone know how to enable downscaling of HD content for a standard-def
> display?
>
> Kirk Bocek

I am in the same boat. I would like to display 1080i on 1024x768. It works
with vlc, but the internal player only shows blue. Sound plays fine.

The fe prints a message about not enough memory. My video card is a i810.

Is there a way to use an external player for recorded tv?

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT