[mythtv-users] Way OT: Cracking open an MCE remote?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 02:06:48 UTC 2007

I recently got myself an MS MCE remote, and I have to say I'm quite
happy with it -- good feel, great range, seamless operation with lirc,
and easily programmable buttons for TV power and amplifier volume.

The only thing that bugs me is the big honking MS Windows logo on the
middle button.

I could swear that a few months ago I saw a howto on opening this
remote without damaging the casing but I'll be damned if I can find it
now. Maybe I'm losing my Google mojo.

I'd really like to replace that Windows logo with either Tux or
MythTV. I realize I could just tape a new logo on top or Sharpie it
out, but I clearly remember this article describing in detail how to
open the thing and put the logo on the inside, which looks much, much
cooler.

Can anyone tell me that my memory isn't faulty and that such an
article exists? And better yet, where to find it?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for not offering an idea for a
Zap2it replacement.