[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Jan 31 19:52:16 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> Edward C. Smith wrote:
>>> Whoops.. my fingers got ahead of me.  That one line should read:
>>> "The card has two tuners on it along with two inputs (coax input for ATSC
>>> (HD), and coax/s-video for NTSC (SD))."
>>> -Rich
>> After poking around I've seen conflicting info. SageTV notes that it
>> works with their product (I don't know if their Linux version uses
>> ivtv or not) however the ivtv wiki states that ivtv is known not to
>> work with the WinTV HVR1500/1600 as it is a CX23418. This thread
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/33954 also gives some
>> more info.
>> A shame really since I'm in the market for a new tuner and CircutCity
>> has them for $70 after rebate.
>> -Ed
> Yes, that's the same pricing I saw!  Unfortunately, from that thread and
> the ivtv wiki, it looks like it might be a while before it is supported
> under linux. :(
> Also, from the way a lot of that is reading, it looks like the PVR-150
> is being replaced by the HVR-1600.  I wonder if this means that there
> will be a shortage of true PVR-150's available...  That would be bad...

I should follow this up with the note on the ivtv site:
 Known to NOT work
Hauppauge WinTV HVR1500/1600 (CX23418 based)

    * Haupauge has been shipping the HVR1600 as a PVR-150. The box will
mention it is a PVR-150 but there is fine print saying it was
substituted by a HVR1600.
Anything based on the CX23418 chip is not supported in ivtv (and no plan
to do so).