[mythtv-users] recordings are all 1 second long

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jan 31 19:02:01 UTC 2007

* On Wed Jan 31, 2007 at 09:14:47AM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 1/27/07, Dan Adams <dan at ifactory.com> wrote:
> > I'm having this problem where all of the recorded shows are only "00:01"
> > long. The annoying side effect of this, other than not being to be
> > rewind/ff/skip commercials, is that if you do press ff by accident then
> > it skips you back to the beginning of the episode and you have no way of
> > getting back to where you were except watching the whole thing again.
> > Thanks in advance! Also, I have a fresh FC6 and mythtv install.

Have you checked to make sure you recordedmarkup (or recordedseek if you are
using a newer SVN version) table is clean?  Sounds possibly like a hosed up
seektable.  If the table is clean, does this happen when you use normal
jumps or are you using stickey keys for FFWD, or what?  If you set a bookmark,
and exit and restart the program, does Myth correctly jump to the bookmark
before starting playback?

--
Chris
Before you reply, read the original post!