[mythtv-users] [OT] - SSH to MythTV with Mindterm

Josiah Royse jroyse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:33:53 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Our corporate network blocks outgoing traffic on port 22 so I can't
> SSH into MythTV from work. I was wondering whether I could get around
> this by using the Mindterm applet which would be served up by a web
> server on my MythTV.box But then I think I read that the SSH
> connection would come from my browser so it would still be blocked. Is
> that correct?

"Proxytunnel" can be used with SSH (compile the program and enable it in
.ssh/config) to tunnel through https authenticating proxies.   If the Proxy
is application sensing the traffic will be blocked however.

Look into "screen" if you end up using ssh from work to home, it is nice to
pick up where you left off when your tunnel gets broken.