[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend and 480i modes

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 14:19:26 UTC 2007

On 1/29/07, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> As reported earlier, I've successfully set up HDTV on my myth system.
> One of the issues I faced was not being able to select de-interlacing
> per video mode. So I decided to create modes per resolution.  I am able
> to select a 1080i mode to view 1080i content,etc.  I'm having a problem
> playing back 480i.  Thought I have a  good mode line mythtv/X11
> interprets the mode as 720 x 240  (480/2 for interlaced I guess) so myth
> scales the video horizontally to match the vertical resolution. So I
> have a tall narrow picture on the screen.  I'm not convinced it's an
> actual mythtv problem though.  I'm thinking it might be a X11 and/or
> nvidia driver issue.  Looking in the X logs using the '-logverbose 6'
> switch I see where the driver seems to be setting a 480i mode, but X
> reports it as 720x240.
> The TV indicates it's displaying 480i mode and the raster seems to be
> the size I expect it to be.
> Has anyone seen a similar issue?  Any workarounds?

what is your 480i modeline? its possible your giving it a 720x240
modeline instead of the 720x480_60i modeline you think your giving it?

As for the deinterlacing per video mode, any reason you need to do this?

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -