[mythtv-users] HVR-950 and v4l-dvb-kernel issues

Adam Propeck adam at propeck.com
Wed Jan 31 06:57:08 UTC 2007

---------------------
Brent wrote:

This is all from memory, but I think what I had to do was:

Unload the ivtv modules and unload the video4linux modules.
make install the dvb stuff and it should overwrite the video4linux module
then modprobe ivtv back into the kernel and it will pull the new v4l module
then modprobe the em28xx_dvb

I think that is how it worked for me. I believe the problem is that the
v4l module you are running doesn't have any context for the dvb modules
and thus won't let them load. Personally I got two bucks for Axel if he
would start kmdl'ing the em28xx_dvb modules too.

Ok ok. three bucks. :-)

Brent

Ok, I rmmod'd ivtv and all the v4l modules I could see that were loaded...
Is that what you meant? Or did you mean to yum remove them? Anyhow, then I
did the make install and modprobed as you specified. I'd kill for the
ability to yum that module in there. I am about a day from formatting
everything and switching to Ubuntu as it looks a lot easier to get this
stuff added over there.