[mythtv-users] How do I make "Browse Mode" NOT the default?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Jan 31 04:51:08 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

According to the various web pages related to MythTV I've looked at,
"Browse Mode" is the default behavior for changing channels when
watching live TV. That is, pressing the channel up or down won't go to
the next channel, but instead show a description of what's on that
channel, and then one has to hit "Enter" or "Ok" or whatever to actually
go to that channel.

What I ideally want is for the up and down arrows to do that, but for
the Ch+ and Ch- buttons to just change the channels. If I can't have
that, then I'd rather just have the channels change, and browse mode be
off entirely.

Some web pages say that to turn browse mode off, one presses "Esc" or
"o". But this has had no effect on my system.

And in any case, even if browse mode could be turned off in this
fashion, I don't want to have to do it every time I turn on the TV.

How do I make the default behavior for my MythTV to be off?

(I'm using MythTV 0.20)

Thank you for any information or advice.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft