[mythtv-users] MythTV shows pixilated, recorded shows look fine

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Jan 31 02:31:25 UTC 2007

Mike Chandler wrote:
> Folks, first a big thanks to the developers, maintainers and experts on this
> list.
>
> After (finally) figuring out how to get MySQL going, my MythTV is working, and
> it's becoming apparent to me how powerful, flexible, and cool this program
> really is!
>
> A couple remaining questions which I honestly can't find the answers for.
>
> Watching TV, the picture is sort of grainy and pixilated, whether using OpenGL
> or QT. Changing any settings in the front-end setup does little, if anything,
> but when watching a recorded show, the picture quality is much better. I
> should point out that TV picture quality is very nice when using KDETV, if
> that means anything...

Are the recordings and livetv coming from the same capture card? If so,
you probably just need to adjust the recording profiles. It's under
Settings, TV Settings, Recording Profiles, there is a Live TV, High
Quality, and Low Quality profile. Make the Live TV profile match the
High Quality one, and you should be good to go. The settings do affect
the size of the recorded file, so if you are tight on disk space, you
may need to do some tweaking to find the right balance of quality over size.

Tom

Tom