[mythtv-users] hardware recommendation

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 31 02:24:53 UTC 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Joe Menola wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2007 7:45 pm, Brian Wood wrote:
>> What is the airspeed velocity
>> of an unladen swallow?
>
> Airspeed can also be predicted using a published formula. By
> inverting this
> midpoint Strouhal ratio of 0.3 (fA/U Å 0.3), Graham K. Taylor et
> al. show
> that as a rule of thumb, the speed of a flying animal is roughly 3
> times
> frequency times amplitude (U Å 3fA).5
>
> We now need only plug in the numbers:
>
>     U Å 3fA
>     f Å 15 (beats per second)
>     A Å 0.22 (meters per beat)
>     U Å 3*15*0.22 Å 9.9
>
> ... to estimate that the airspeed velocity of an unladen European
> Swallow is
> 10 meters per second.

Oh, a European swallow, I thought we were talking about an African
Swallow.

> What's google? ;)

It's a number. A "1" followed by 100 zeroes.

Really sorry folks, and I do find there should be better hardware
suggestions on the WiKi, I really am working on that, but I have this
Latin homework see, and...

The OP did have a reasonable question, but should have done some more
homework himself.