[mythtv-users] Nvidia FX5200 with Westinghouse LVM-47w1

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Tue Jan 30 17:29:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:02:12 -0500
Jarod Wilson <lists at wilsonet.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Bill wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:34:08 -0800
> > Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > So maybe my dream was not just a dream....  If it keeps working fine, I will guess the output as 1080p on DVI-1 was the
> > solution.
>
> My 37" Westy's DVI-2 does not support 1080p either, only DVI-1 (and
> VGA). And I'm using a single-link DVI cable for 1080p w/o any problems.

Yeah, I swear something came with it that pointed out 1080p versus 1080i for those ports - but I cannot find it.

Hopefully this will fix it.

BTW, I know you wrote a lot of the early writeups on the PVR350's and getting them working (got me through a few early installs on redhat and gentoo).  I am not sure if you still use one... but is there any optimization I can do to display PVR350 and 500 recordings on the westinghouse?  I know there used to be some tricks to tweaking the video if you are displaying on a monitor, which is basically what this is right?

Do those still apply?

Thanks for your help, past and present.

I may take out the modeline tonight and see what happens :)

Bill