[mythtv-users] Gentoo 64bit and MythTV completely compatible?

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:46:34 UTC 2007

Let me just say that if I can get MythTV to work on Fedora, anyone can.  I
started on FC4 in a combined BE/FE.  It took me a month to learn how to edit
all the files correctly (xorg mostly cuz I was fiddling with HD 1080i
modeline, asound.conf which was TOUGH).  I finally got it working.  Then i
moved to a seperate BE and FE and had to figure out my MCE USB remote (which
didn't have driver support till lirc 0.8.  But I managed to get Myth working
VERY well.  I had never really played with Linux until my first Myth
experience in 2004.  But I love it.  It's even easier now that I'm using
MythDora as a FE.  I'm actually thinking of moving to a Gentoo system just
for the "relative" ease in upgrading.  But I like challenges.  If you're
looking for a plug and chug solution, use BeyondTV.  You'll never know what
you're missing!

Jim