[mythtv-users] Strange Picture Quality in HD

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:42:45 UTC 2007

Thank you for the response.  I turned de-interlacing on in myth in the setup
of the frontend, and that did the trick.

I transferred the recorded mpg file from the myth live directory and viewed
it on my laptop.  When the picture was large, you couldn't really tell, but
if I shrunk the window, the problem existed again.  Is there an option to
set the tuner somewhere in the hardware to do this automatically?  The
reason why I ask is because I've seen tv shows in hidef that others have
recorded and were converted to avi.  How is it that they 'de-interlace' the
video, or do they set the card or program to record de-interlaced...if that
makes any sense.

Thanks!