[mythtv-users] Where to get a S/PDIF adapter?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Tue Jan 30 00:51:32 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 16:44, Rich West wrote:
> George W Rocklein Jr wrote:
> > Mark Abreu wrote:
> >> I have a Biostar M7VIG 400 motherboard that seems to work with MythTV.
> >> This MB has a S/PDIF 3-pin header but didn't come with anything to bring
> >> it outside.
> > I have a different Biostar motherboard that also didn't come with the
> > S/PDIF adapter.
> I don't have a Biostar motherboard, but I do have 3-pin S/PDIF connector
> on my motherboard.  Another person on the list referred me to this URL:
> http://www.vidabox.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9
> It is a three pin S/PDIF connector where the individual pins can be
> re-arranged to match your motherboard configuration.
> I just ordered one.. figured I would give it a shot. :)

FWIW, I'm the one who posted that URL to the group a day or two ago. I've got
a Biostar PT880 Pro-A7C motherboard, and the bracket works fine with my
board, without requiring any rearrangement of the connector. Actually, I
should probably backtrack a bit: I'm using the coaxial/RCA jack; I've not
tried the optical output, so I can't promise that it works. I actually found
two sources for what look like very similar products. The other is:

...or if that URL is too long:

If that's all you're buying, shipping is cheaper from the first source
(Vidabox), or at least was for me (I'm in Rhode Island). I've no affiliation
with either seller, other than as a satisfied customer of the first. (I've
also bought an unrelated item from the second. It's not arrived yet, but I've
got a UPS tracking number saying it'll arrive tomorrow.)

Rod Smith