[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:21:01 UTC 2007

On 1/29/07, Andrew Robinson <awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Greg Woods wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 00:56 -0600, John Pierce wrote:
> >
> >> The problem as I see it, is a lack of basic search engine
> >> understanding.
> >
> > I agree. I have been criticized in the past for asking questions that
> > could have been answered with a Google search, but you have to know what
> > to search for. I always try searching first, but that doesn't guarantee
> > that I will find what I want even if it is out there.
> >

> I've had this experience quite a few times. One suggestion is to note in
> the question that I've tried searching but haven't hit on the right
> combo of search terms. Hopefully the readers will respect that.

My biggest problem with search engines is that it is very difficult to
get them to give you only current information. I mean when I search
for a problem I am having with the latest version mythTV I do not want
any results from 2004. I know google has the filter by date feature
but at least for me it does not work. And then if I add the mythtv
version in my search I get no results.

John