[mythtv-users] Turtle Beach Riviera /CMedia CMI8738 and optical SPDIF

Clay babyhuml at msn.com
Mon Jan 29 19:23:11 UTC 2007

Has anyone been able to get a Turtle Beach Riviera working on their system
so that a 5.1 stream will go out of the optical connection?  (I have read
here and there that Cmedia has advertised that it works, but it really
doesn't)
I can get 2 channels go do through, but no 5.1.  I am grinding through the
email thread on this list about ac3 passthrough but no luck yet.  The
following gives me 2 channels out of myth:

Myth .20 config
> Audio output device: ALSA:iec958
> Passthrough output device:
> ALSA:iec958:CARD=0,AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2

The following gives me two channels off of a DVD:

	mplayer -v -ao alsa:device=iec958 dvd://

The following gives me no sound off of a DVD:

	mplayer -v -ao alsa:device=iec958 -afm hwac3 dvd://

thanks

clay