[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Mon Jan 29 11:26:55 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Rod
Sent: Monday, 29 January 2007 1:23 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Please shut up!

    Just a thought, have you ried sorting the E-mails in your E-mail
program on subject groupings?  I find it So much easier to scan the
E-mails, thats after the program has sorted the E-mail topics to their
own subdirectories.

    Personally, with mythtv-users I don't have a problem what so ever.

    I just have sympathy for those on Dialup who have to wait while the
HUGE bulk of E-mails is downloaded, including all the SPAM along with
the few from MythTV :)

 Yep, just use auto file and your problems are solved, I have about 3 or
4 lists with similar volumes of traffic each day that and the other 6 or
8 low volume lists get auto filed into outlook folders that I don't even
see until I check in once every few days, that and auto collect into
conversation topics means I just scan down the list of subjects and duck
in to read the ones that interest me.

I'm sorry I posted about www.barcamp.org and the
http://www.barcampusa.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mythtv series but I
thought it would have been a huge event for people of a similar interest
to get together and meet each other. Personally it would be great to
meet some of the people on this list and BarcampUSA seemed like a great
opportunity to do it at.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd