[mythtv-users] myhtweb recorded listings speedups?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 15:02:23 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I speed up the listings of the LiveTV and Default recorded
> groups in MythWeb?
> I have 200+ in Default and 350+ in LiveTV and it takes ages for the
> pages to appear.
> Is there and URL or howto with stuff I can tune or check to find problems?
>
> (this is on a VIA SP8000 with 512MB RAM, MythTV 0.21-20070123.RS)
>
> Udo

You did not mention what version of mythtv you are using. In the past
I had this problem with 0.19 on a fast computer (dual processor
Opteron 850 with 4GB of memory)  but it seems that it is better now in
the current SVN code. One of the problems that caused this is if a
video in your list did not exist it would take ages looking for it to
create a thumbnail.

John