[mythtv-users] Remote control settings for MythTV and Video

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jan 28 09:18:46 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I can control sound with my remote control (Hauppauge PVR-150) when
watching television (MythTV).

However, I can't control sound when I watch videos.

I'm fairly certain this is because in my .lircrc file, which controls
which commands do what from the remote control, is set only to work with

However, when Mythfrontend plays a video, it launches Mplayer, which
requires different commands for adjusting sound.

I know it's possible, but I've never been able to quite figure out how
it works. How can I get the volume up and down buttons on the remote to
control MythTV when I'm watching TV, but Mplayer when I'm watching a video?

Here's what I currently have for volume control:

#Volume Up
prog = mythtv
button = Vol+
repeat = 2