[mythtv-users] Mobile Video Player Recommendations (MPEG4)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jan 27 01:12:03 UTC 2007

> 	I've compressed DVD's to h.264 and achieved that. Don't think
> there would be any hope of doing that with DirecTV SD recordings
> though.

I guess the real question is "noticeable to who?". If you know
precisely what to look for and select video that really shows the
artifacts nothing is "artifact free", but it can be made to look
pretty good.

It"s like a mathematical limit, you can't ever reach it but you can
get as close as you wish.