[mythtv-users] MyBlaster/Serial

R rawgarlic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:42:58 UTC 2007

I got a MyBlaster/Serial for my MythTV.
Want to use it to change channels on my Satellite STB.

Did the chmod 755 on CodeSearch.pl and MyBlaster.pl
Changed the port to Com1 because it worked and Com2 did not.

Could not find the code for my STB in the MyBlaster Library directory.

So I ran CodeSearch.pl on all the codes:
TV, CABLE, Video Acc, DSS/Satellite, VCR, Laser Disk,
DVD, Tuner/Amp, Amplifier, CD, Home Control

CodeSearch.pl found 2 codes:

The TV code 717. But with it MyBlaster.pl turns the
Power on and off.  That's it.  No channel changes.

The DVD code 711.  But with it MyBlaster.pl turns the
Power on and off.  Channel changes don't work at all
or produce other results like Mute Volume.

I'm stuck.

How do I make this IR Blaster learn the codes?