[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC (Solved!)

Mythtified mythtified at extrahip.net
Fri Jan 26 01:18:24 UTC 2007

Dylan - buddy ol pal - the reference you provided was absolutely fabulous! I substituted my el cheapo 300W power supply for an older Dell 250W that I had laying around. Booted up and viola! XvMC working like a charm! Smooth clear picture, and the HD channels are fantastic on my monitor!

I think Daniels explanation is perfect - makes sense that an older PS made for +5V PCI cards (like most HDTV cards, including pcHDTV 3000) would provide a better supply than newer PS's expecting PCI cards requiring +3.3V ...

Thanks, now - off to solicit family support for an HD Flat Panel...