[mythtv-users] My Perennial Problems with XvMC

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Jan 25 20:06:03 UTC 2007

I have noticed a significant difference both with live tv and with
playback of old recordings...if I use XvMC, I get occasional skips in the
audio and a "tearing" with rapid movement in the upper part of the screen
(though this was improved with the latest nVidia driver).  The good part
was 25% CPU usage.  However, it got annoying enough to stop using XvMC,
and now I have completely smooth video playback and significantly fewer
audio hiccups, though it spikes the CPU up to about 60-65%.