[mythtv-users] Can't Get Channel Icons Into Program Guide

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Thu Jan 25 16:32:11 UTC 2007

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net wrote:
> I've followed the instructions at
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.5 to download and
> install channel icons into the Program Guide, but I only get 2 icons.
> The mkiconmap.xml seems to be created OK and
>       mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml --update-icon-map
> also seems to run OK.  Two icons are indeed now shown in the Program
> Guide which were not shown before.
>
> What is the path for the icon files so I can check to see if they are
> indeed in my filesystem?  Assuming that I only have the 2 there, any
> suggestions where on the web I can manually download icon files to
> populate the directory?
>
> If the icons are in the required directory, any idea why they aren't
> all showing in the Program Guide?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jerry

Your icon files should be stored in: /home/<username>/.mythtv/channels/
(i.e. /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels

Once we know how many are actually in that foler we can go from there.

-------
Josh

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.