[mythtv-users] using cable freq for broadcast HDTV

Dave D dave726 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:25:22 UTC 2007

I tried setting only the xmlid in the frontend and it worked!

I'm thinking the mythtv-setup way would work also... but it didn't for me
because the mythtv database already recieved the lineup (I also had the OTA
channels set up too at the time).

Anyway, thanks for your help, Keith.  The worst feeling is to come home and
find out that the show didn't get recorded because the antenna wasn't
positioned at 35.456 derees :).

This'll save me many frustrating moments.

Daniel, it sure would be nice to map the digital cable channels with zap2it
digital channels.  That would simplify this setup a bunch.  However, I think
that the 2 button setup is best for now until the digital cable fetching is
stable.  This way, it leaves the option to have this setup without wasting
time waiting for zap2it to not return anything for the digital cable
channels.. unless the wizard would ask for whether or not to fetch
listings... or allow for manual listing IDs and a mapping of channels to ID
somehow... that would be ok too :)

- Dave