[mythtv-users] Myth LiveTV over a network

Firejack firejack at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 25 12:25:23 UTC 2007

Hello all,
Recently I’ve started a project using MythTV for the first time. The 3 aims
I had are;
1) Centralized Media Server Using MythTV
2) Ability to watch Live TV on any computer on my home network
3) High Definition feed to my Sony 32’’ HD LCD TV

So far I have managed to complete 1 & 3 successfully and the results are
amazing!

2 is causing me a headache though. I’m unable to work out how I go about
pushing MythTV out onto my home network so any computer can watch LiveTV. My
network consists of 1 OpenSuse 10.2 Linux machine (now running MythTV) and 3
more Windows XP Pro SP2 machines (could convert one to Linux as its mostly
used for watching DVD’s/browsing the Internet anyway). I installed the
MythWeb plugin but that doesn’t Stream LiveTV only recordings and this isn’t
what I wanted.

Can anyone tell me how I watch/Stream LiveTV on my Windows machines? Or
point me at a guide?

Thanks,

Andrew.